The OBU Qualification
With an international reputation for innovation, high quality education and research, and global
relationships Oxford Brookes University’s commitment to excellent teaching and providing a great student
experience has been recognised by The Times as part the Good University Guide 2012.
The Times states that Oxford Brookes is “firmly established as England’s leading post-1992 University” and rose three places to reach 48th in a table of UK Higher Education Institutions. This has afforded Oxford Brookes “a level of competition not unlike that at some Russell Group universities”. The Faculty also hosts one of the UK's 24 Higher Education Academy Subject Centres, set up to share good practice in teaching.
Oxford Brookes University – like other UK universities – has degree awarding power, granted by Royal Charter. But what does this mean? Well, these powers are granted on the basis of Oxford Brookes University having appropriate procedures for assuring the quality and standards of its awards in both design and operation, and being subject to the scrutiny of the QAA, the body responsible to the UK Government's Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills for assuring the quality of UK Higher Education in the public interest.
So although you don’t physically attend Oxford Brookes University to gain the BSc (Hons) degree in Applied Accounting, the degree programme is of the same rigorous standard as other degrees offered by Oxford Brookes University and meets standards set by QAA. In an independent assessment of teaching quality, the Business Faculty was one of only two in the country to achieve the maximum score (24/24) across more than one subject area. The School's reputation has also been recognised through the award of a national, multi-million-pound Centre of Excellence in Teaching and Learning, which has developed a new learning centre on campus with the latest technology to support learning in a café-style environment.
In a recent QAA audit of Oxford Brookes University it concluded that it has 'broad confidence' (the highest category available) in the quality and standards of its awards. So by gaining the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting, awarded by Oxford Brookes University, you will not only demonstrate to potential or existing employers that you possess all the relevant graduate skills to equip you for a brilliant career in accounting and finance, but that it is from a university that has a reputation for excellence.
To apply, you must:
- Be registered with Oxford Brookes University ie. opted-in to the BSc degree scheme before passing any of the three ACCA Fundamentals papers, F7, F8 and F9. You are not eligible for the degree if you have claimed exemptions from any of these papers.
- Pass the three ACCA Fundamentals papers F7, F8 and F9 and pass the other papers as required to successfully complete all nine Fundamentals level papers
- Complete the ACCA Professional Ethics module according to the Research and Analysis Project submission dates
January & July 2018
May & November 2018
- No registration fee is payable.
- Fees paid are strictly non-refundable. (mentee is required to ensure they are eligible for the OBU submission, checking can be done through ACCA website).
- Seminar fee can be used to offset mentoring fee.
- Mentoring Fee excludes the OBU submission fee / Re-submission fee and fee change for new ethic module.
- Mentee are allowed to defer for 1 term, application for deferment must be done 2 months before submission date.
- RM1000 rebate will be provided for mentee who submit at same period of submission and pass the OBU project within the same period of submission.
- Any deferment of submission is not allowed for above rebate.
- Repeat Fee for re-submission is RM1000 (only for existing student).
- 3 official meetings each with duration about half to an hour.
- Mentor-mentee relationship will be adhere to rules and regulation required by OBU.
Kindly fill up and submit a registration form to the Kasturi School of Accountancy.
You may obtain a Registration Form from the Information Counter at the Kasturi School of Accountancy or download it using the link below.
To avoid delays, please ensure that all information is complete.
Payments can be made through cheques/bank drafts/cash at our Counter, or fax the registration form and bank in slip
to +603-20323323 (KL Campus) / +603-56300322 (PJ Campus).
Please also include the required information below on the reverse side of the cheque/bank draft:
- Student name
- NRIC or passport number
- Telephone number
Payment to KL Campus
Public Bank Berhad: 3118-2271-13 (KL Campus)
Payment to PJ Campus
Am Bank Berhad: 254-201-200108-1 (PJ Campus)
Monday to Friday
10.00am to 7.00pm
10.00am to 2.00pm